Joy Candy
How to inform your office co-workers that you are newly married - officially a bride or a bridegroom or a couple?
Well, see picture.
I guess this is the indirect, the easiest, the most economical, and simply a settled but genteel way to deliver official announcement.
These joy candies are so nicely designed and neatly packaged. They are in various shapes and forms, and predominantly in the traditional Chinese red. Inside these packages, they are filled with chocolates or any other types of candies. They are so nifty and well crafted with tassels and ribbons, and could even become some collector items especially for those who are interested in the now ever popular packaging design.
For city folks especially, the nuptial occasion is now hardly a home based due to lack of proper context to celebrate, together with increasing affluence, and of course, to splash in big spending as always. The nuptial event tend to be booked with a hotel and restaurant all in. Also, it is found that most of the ceremonies tend to concentrate during the three golden weeks (the 7-day holiday weeks during Chinese New Year, Labor Day and National Day).
Speaking of the joy candy, ironically, these joy candies always popped on the desktop before I arrived at work and without any trace of who got married. Poof! Not even some labeling or tags or captions on them. And usually I have no idea of who got married unless I ask or they talk.
Shy, shy, hush, hush, I do I!
Shy, shy, hush, hush, I do I!
Jeremy
Greetings from Shanghai upon the Sea
January 26th 2007
No comments:
Post a Comment